Great quality towards a greater globality is coming
About Turkish honey industry …
- Turkey’s honey production is the second largest in the world after the People’s Republic of China.
- Turkey’s production and development in the honey industry increased steadily in this century, as it rose from 61,000 tons of honey annually in 2000 and doubled to 106,000 tons according to 2017 estimates, and this makes Turkey the second largest producer after China.
- According to estimates, despite all the challenges facing the Turkish honey industry, however, in the middle of 2017, Turkey’s share of the total global exports and the global market for honey exports amounted to 1.2 percent of the global trade volume in this field, which amounted to about 2.2 billion American dollars.
How is Turkish honey made?
- Turkish high-quality honey is made from bees that fly from flower to flower, and the nectar with its long tongue is collected in the form of a tube and stored in its additional stomach, or what is so called “the crop”.
- There, the nectar mixes with the enzymes that convert its chemical composition and pH.
- Honey comes from the nectar that the bees collect, peel, and dry to enhance its nutritional properties.
- It is mostly harvested in the fall and most beekeepers leave enough honey in the hives to keep the bees until spring, when they can fly from flower to flower to make honey again.
The efforts made by the Turkish government in developing the Turkish honey industry to be a world leader in the next few years…
- The Turkish Ministry of Food and Agriculture closely monitors producers and publishes regular lists of those who ignore food safety, public health and consumer rights.
- In 2015, the names of 17 fake honey producers were announced.
- A year later, 12 new companies have been added to the list.
- The Ministry is also constantly making efforts to analyze and examine various products of honey.
- The types that are exported are subject to more control because these products do not only represent exports, but rather in the Turkish mentality they represent the extent of the country’s strength and strength as well, so all Turkish exports are always the highest quality.
The quality of Turkish honey and its special natural conditions …
- Plants in Turkey make it a good place for beekeeping and honey.
- There are 11,707 plant species in the country, of which 3,649 are endemic (not found in other regions), according to writer Bulent Gogglesio Glow, editor-in-chief of Tubitak Magazine.
Types of Turkish honey and its benefits ..
Turkish Kumar Honey:
- This honey contains a mixture of Epimedium herb and improves blood circulation in the genitals.
- Most doctors recommend this herb as a treatment for impotence in males and also benefits women.
Fish or alfesh honey:
- The most expensive types of honey in Turkey.
- It is very rare and is produced in small quantities every year.
- Strengthening the immune system in the human body.
- an effective treatment for oily skin.
- It is very useful for blood and all that is related to it by controlling pressure levels and improving the efficiency of different parts of blood.
- An effective role in building skin cells.
- Reducing shoulder pain, knees and joints.
- Dissolution and dissolution of kidney stones.
- constipation treatment.
- It is useful for pregnant women and babies.
- Facilitating digestion
- Treating liver disease.
- it is useful for colon and incontinence.
- And many other health benefits.
- This type of honey is produced in very small quantities and is considered a kind of spirituality and natural drug.
- Small amounts of this honey give a feeling of happiness and pleasure.
- Large quantities are very harmful and harmful to the nervous system and may lead to complications, the most prominent of which are convulsions because they contain neurotoxins.
- This honey in the old was scary for many and the armies went out to fight for it.
Lavender honey, acacia honey and pine honey
The global dominance of Turkish honey…
- The United Nations decided that on May 20 of every year to celebrate the World Bee Day to raise awareness of the importance of pollinators and highlight their contribution to sustainable development and the threats they face.
- Official data revealed that Turkey is among the first countries in the world in the production of honey, especially pine honey, which covers only 90 percent of its global production.
- Turkey’s total production of honey during the past year was 109,330 tons
- The number of beekeeping facilities during the same period reached 80675.
- The Turkish Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry has recently begun offering material incentives to beekeepers, according to a presidential decree on supporting beekeeping and expanding its spread in the country.
- In an ongoing context, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) revealed that Turkey alone produces 90 percent of the total world production of pine honey.
- The organization indicates that the region overlooking the Aegean Sea in Turkey produces the best types of this honey, due to the large number of pine forests in according to “Anatolia”
- Because of the Turkish honey industry’s approval of American and European quality standards and specifications, the FAO and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development are continuing their cooperation with Turkey in the field of pine honey production, with the aim of promoting the production of this type of honey around the world.
- The Union of Eastern Exporters of Black Sea Exporters in Turkey revealed that the country’s exports of honey reached 38 countries during the first quarter of this year, with revenues of 6 million and 921 thousand and 120 dollars.
- the volume of Turkey’s exports of honey during the aforementioned period reached 1544 tons, so that the exports of this sector grew by 2 percent in volume and 9 percent of revenue, compared to the first quarter of last year 2019
- The first three months of 2020 saw more Turkish honey exported to Germany, Saudi Arabia, the United States, Kuwait, and Austria.
What is the price of Turkish honey?
- There are different types of Turkish honey that differ according to their specifications, types and benefits, as well as their advantages, methods of harvesting and manufacturing.
- You can contact us and ask for the kind of honey you prefer and we will provide you with a wonderful and suitable price for you.