Treatment in Turkey
Treatment in Turkey
- Turkey has benefited greatly from the growth of healthy tourism in Europe. The country well known as a relaxing comforting destination.
- Turkey has an increasingly popular as a medical tourist haven for reconstructive or cosmetic dental treatment, cosmetic surgery, or complex medical procedures such as organ transplantation, orthopedics, and eye surgery
Why should Turkey be your first choice for medical tourism?
The positive and therapeutic tourism aspect of turkey and its magnificent nature…
- Turkey is a country with a captivating culture and history, a friendly warm people and a pleasant climate with fresh breezes from the Aegean Sea to the Black Sea.
- Private hospitals and clinics in Turkey offer an affordable solution in a vacation-like environment.
- This, in itself, leads to a more positive result as medical tourists feel immediately more comfortable about their treatment.
Clinics / hospitals are usually located in the country’s capital, Istanbul, the city where East meets West and Izmir, the third largest city in Turkey on the Aegean coast, and are conveniently located for accommodation, shopping and sightseeing.
- Even if your medical destination is not there, Turkey is a country rich in diversity and captivates you with its breathtaking scenery along the country. Do not be upset, wherever you travel inside, you will definitely find what you like.
- Guests staying in Izmir, for example, can enjoy a few days of relaxing on the beaches of Çesme or Kusadasi before / after treatment or breath and take some remains of ancient civilizations with a trip to Ephesus or the classic city of Pergamum.
- In Istanbul, they can enjoy the atmosphere in the old city, where churches, mosques, palaces, museums and bazaars abound.
Pure medical aspect and Turkish superiority…
- Turkey is famous for its medical excellence in many fields, and perhaps in most different medical fields it is among the best always.
- Frequently, Turkey will not go out of the best five or ten preferred destinations with a high international classification in all surgical and therapeutic specialties.
For example, plastic surgery is common in Turkey and surgeons work in technically advanced operating rooms.
- Turkey achieves, for example, leadership in two important areas, namely hair transplantation with all its modern and different technologies, as well as in the field of vision correction and eye surgery, where Turkey is on the throne of the world in these two areas and occupies the center and global leadership in both fields, as many and many come from all sides to make everything related to hair and eyes with completely confident in the professionalism and quality of its treatment, here in Turkey.
- Turkey is the first destination for regular tourism for the purpose of entertainment as well as medical tourism for all residents of European countries, and it is the third most visited destination around the world.
The health care system in Turkey
- With the high level of experience in private clinics and hospitals in Turkey, doctors, dentists and surgeons are trained to the same high standards as the rest of Europe and America.
- Modern clinics and surgeries with the latest equipment.
- Moreover, private dental facilities and clinics in Turkey offer an affordable solution in a vacation-like environment.
- This in itself leads to more positive outcome as guests immediately feel more relaxed about their treatment.
About the quality and efficiency of the health system in Turkey …
The healthcare system is very easy for residents, with many care plans and regulations. The Turkish system is a type of national health service, with all services provided for everyone in Turkey, regardless of income.
- The hospital system is coordinated by the Turkish Ministry of Health.
- Turkey’s private sector is strong and prosperous and has better facilities and equipment than state-run hospitals and clinics.
- Most of the private hospitals that welcome medical tourists are located in the capital, Istanbul, the city where East meets West and Izmir, the third largest city in Turkey, on the Aegean coast, and is located in a suitable place for accommodation, shopping and sightseeing.
- it is worth mentioned, that this Turkish excellence in the field of medical tourism is ass a result of applying the highest standards of quality and safety to ensure a high-quality health service that rises for its citizens first and for its visitors and expatriates from everywhere, and the role the state plays in ensuring the safety and professionalism of the health facility, as well as the concern of these facilities to Signing mutual understanding agreements with leading research centers, hospitals and universities to implement all that is new and effective in new therapeutic developments.
- Therapeutic facilities in Turkey are always seeking to obtain the ISO accredited accreditations that are granted only to institutions that apply the highest standards of efficiency and safety in their therapeutic applications, and it is worth noting that the treatment systems used are the highest in the world and that are applied with European and American standards.
In Istanbul tourists can enjoy the atmosphere in the old city, where churches, mosques, palaces, museums and bazaars abound.
Travel and residence in Turkey
- Most international flights arrive to Istanbul Ataturk Airport, which is 20 km from the city center.
- However, charter airlines fly to the other city’s international airport; Sabiha Gokcen, near Pendik.
- There is a separate station in Ataturk for internal roads, which is served by Turkish Airlines with other lines such as Atlasjet.
- Izmir International Airport is Adnan Menderes Airport, about 10 km from the city center.
The transportation network and ease of movement …
- The best way to get from the airport to the center of Istanbul is by taxi, and there is no need to negotiate a fee because it works in meters.
- Instead, Havas runs a shuttle bus service to and from the city center from international and local stations every half an hour which takes about 40 minutes to Taksim Square (city center).
- Istanbul has a small metro system as well as a very modern tramway (this is a very convenient and fast way to get around the city).
- Izmir also has a small metro network.
Getting around all over the country
- you can travel almost anywhere in the country by bus and there are a few intercity bus companies. Some of the leading companies are Varan, which is the premium bus company Kamil Koc and Ulusoy.
- All three operate regular services from Istanbul’s main bus station.