Beauty accessories in Turkey
Turkish cosmetics market …
- The size of the global cosmetic market is estimated at 300 billion euros, while the size of the cosmetic market in Turkey is about 5.5 billion euros.
- Researches indicates that even during periods of economic crisis, the demand for cosmetic products does not actually decrease, but continues to increase despite the crisis.
- This situation is a valuable indicator to demonstrate the potential for growth in the market.
Turkish partnerships for the aspirations of global leadership…
- Turkey is building a bridge between European companies with strong market shares, Asia Pacific companies with a strong growth rate and Middle Eastern countries with high demand for cosmetics and personal care products.
- Given the developments in the cosmetics sector, especially in the past ten years, the Turkish cosmetic market is growing rapidly by almost 10% annually.
- Turkish companies continue to expand their products and types in addition to increasing their investments locally and internationally.
Beyond the Turkish growth and progress in cosmetic supplies …
- There are many factors that can be attributed to the growth of the Turkish cosmetic market, due primarily to the fact that Turkey has become a magnet for the global cosmetic market with huge investment coming.
- One of the reasons is that Turkey is the smallest and second largest population of Europe with an average age of 29 and 80 million, respectively resulting in a rapid increase in the consumption of cosmetics.
- Along with the increasing demand for organic products and herbs and the increasing number of tourists who come to Istanbul and Mediterranean cities to shop attracts cosmetic companies around the world to enter.
The nature of the Turkish market and its export to all countries of the world …
- Turkey’s high manufacturing capacity and logistical advantages are transforming European cosmetic manufacturing to Turkey, which creates many opportunities for the Turkish market.
- As of 2017, the Turkish cosmetic industry exports to more than 190 countries, and export volume has increased by 170% in the past ten years.
Cosmetics manufacture in Turkey …
- Many multinational cosmetic companies have manufacturing and sales operations in Turkey and many foreign investors are manufactured in Turkey with licensing agreements, contract manufacturing and joint ventures.
- The Turkish cosmetic market shows 10% annual growth, and the imported products make up the majority of the cosmetic products sold in the market.
Various types of cosmetic supplies in Turkey …
Turkey is diversified in its productive ability to produce and manufacture many beauty supplies of various types and uses for both sexes…
- Shaving products
- Hair removal products
- Shower gel
- Lip makeup products
- Eye makeup
- The cologne
- Wet wipes
- Diapers are the main products manufactured in Turkey.
- Foundation cosmetics
Other products that were not previously manufactured…
- The manufacture of natural, organic and herbal products has become popular in Turkey day after day, in which many small companies operate.
- Daphne oil and olive oil soap, world-famous in Turkey, is manufactured in huge quantities.
The magnitude and volume of the market and production in Turkey ..
- There are 5,000 companies operating in the Turkish cosmetics sector including manufacturers, exporters, importers and distributors that employ 120,000 people according to estimates.
- 170,000 beauty products are distributed including 46,000 local products in Turkey and products are sold at 220,000 retail points including supermarkets, retail chains, discount stores, concept stores, pharmacies, perfumes, cosmetic chains and stores.
The quality of Turkish cosmetics…
- Manufacturing and producing various cosmetics and accessories according to the highest standards of quality, safety, and proficiency followed and approved by international industry federations.
- The products also comply with the standards of quality and production according to American and European specifications.
Turkish cosmetics trade …
- Turkish cosmetic exports have been growing for 10 years, reaching nearly $ 763 million in 2017.
- Shaving and deodorants products are the main exported products with a value of $ 288 million, followed by hair products with $ 153 million, colored cosmetics, make-up products and skin care products with $ 139 million.
In addition, Turkey’s exports of soaps, detergents and other cleaning products reached $ 783 million in 2017, reaching a total of $ 1.55 billion in two sectors.
Cosmetic exports from Turkey by country for the year 2017 ($ 1000) ..
- Iraq 101.906
- Iran 60,027
- France 29.481
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 27,507
- Germany 27.216
- Russia 26,031
- England 25.357
- United Arab Emirates 25.083
- Libya 23.846
- Azerbaijan 17.491
- Romania 16.725
- Poland 15.296 13- Algeria 14.982
- Netherlands 13.783
- Ukraine 13.194
- Turkey’s cosmetic imports reached $ 1.1 billion in 2017 and is increasing steadily year after year.
- This increase in imports is in the basic raw materials in industry.
- Raw materials and ingredients account for the largest import percentage, followed by makeup products, skin care products and hair products….